The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is seeking to employ a Senior Groundsman. Find below the company’s official announcement of the job opportunity:
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill this position
- Assist in landscaping maintenance i.e lawn,hedges, shrubs, and tree;
- Assist in fumigation based on insect and weed control;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by unit Head
Qualification and Requirements:
- Diploma/ Trade Test II with minimum of 3 years working experience or O’level with minimum of 5 years working experience in a related role.
- Driving skills would be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must be able to follow instructions and work independently when necessary
Click here to apply