Even though this week should be all about celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ at Christmas, one of the most active commissioners in Gov Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state’s cabinet, Dapo Lam Adesina officially resigned his appointment as the commissioner for Industry, Applied Science and Technology. It was an interesting development to follow on social media.
Read my interview with him on his first day as the commissioner here.
Dapo who is the former Commissioner of Youth and Sports in Oyo State, is also the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) for the House of Representatives
The interesting aspect of the post was the part where he declared his assets. Find below what Dapo said he owns.
(1) A 3 bedroom Bungalow built on a land transferred to him by his late father,Alhaji Lam Adesina.
(2) A 2007 Honda Accord car owned by him since 2011.
(3) A 1999 Mercedes Benz(E Class) owned by his late father.
(4) A Campaign bus owned by his late father.
(5) One Thousand (1000) units of GTB shares.
(6) Thirty Four (34) units of Union Bank shares.
(7) Six Hundred and Thirty Eight (638) units of First Bank shares.
(8) A current account with First Bank,Orita Challenge, Ibadan with a balance of #280,000 (Two hundred and eighty thousand naira only).
(9) A savings account with First Bank,Orita Challenge, Ibadan with a balance of #3,000 (Three thousand naira only).
(10) A current account with GTB, Ring Road, Ibadan with a balance of #16,000 (Sixteen thousand naira only).
(11) A Campaign account with First Bank, Orita Challenge, Ibadan with a balance of #25,000 (Twenty five thousand naira only).
His time literally exploded with comments made by individuals some of whom commended him while others said he was lying.
Ogunwoye Jamiu Olabode was so angry and couldn’t hide his disbelief that he said: “Mr Dapo, you are not a straight person even we that is not in your level have more that what you stated. did you have only one car? tell us, stop fulling us. we are not kid.”
But my friend Lashley Ladigbolu addressed the doubting Thomases.
“What sorts of questions people are asking again? Are they asking Dapo Lam-Adesina to declare bogus assets that he doesn’t have. I think we should appreciate this honest gesture from the young man for laying open all what he has prior to his election. How many candidates in Nigeria have openly declared their assets? Instead they declared bogus items that they don’t have so that you can scarcely catch them up at the reckoning time. It can not be a surprise to many people for this humble challenge in relation to his assets as Dapo remains prudent in the management of offices he holds sway.”
In an earlier chat, Dapo told me he’s more interested in nation building and enjoined other youths to do the same. In both ministries he had served, he made significant contributions although he told IBPulse.com he could have recorded more successes at 3SC. Read what he said happened at 3SC here.
At the sports ministry, he improved the quality of several facilities including the Lekan Salami Stadium reviewed here; while at industry ministry he introduced Platform and grant opportunities for entrepreneurs among others.
Concerning his latest political ambition, read the piece where I asked whether he is going to be good honorable here.