If you have a friend that is graduating, call that fella right away or you will miss jollof and fried rice.
Statement from the registrar, University of Ibadan
The Sixty-Sixth foundation day ceremony and the 2014 convocation ceremony of the University of Ibadan (UI) has been scheduled to hold between Friday 7th to Monday 17th November, 2014. In lieu of this, the authorities of the Institution is employing the 2014 graduating students to take note of the following:
1. Each Graduand is expected to collect his/her academic outfit before the Ceremony, after presenting the receipt of payment of school fees containing the appropriate Convocation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree as well as a separate receipt of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) membership levy. The levy of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only) must be paid to the Alumni Office.
2. All Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five Hundred Naira Only) to their respective Faculty Officers (First Degree) or Deputy Registrar/Secretary, The Postgraduate School (Higher Degrees) for the academic outfits.
3. Academic outfits, Invitation Cards, Notices and order of Proceedings (OOP) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Graduands’ respective Faculties.
4. Academic outfits should be returned immediately after the Ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a Surcharge of N500.00 (One Hundred Naira only) per day.
5. Graduands who fail to pay the UIAA levy and also fail to return the academic outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfill the above requirements.
6. Graduands are advised to be properly robed and seated not later than 8.45 a.m. on each day. The assistance of Faculty Officers or Deputy Registrar/Secretary (The Postgraduate School) should be sought to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn. The tassel (cord) of the cap should be worn to the right.
First Degree Graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from the right to the left, at a point in time during the Ceremony, when the Vice-Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of the University of Ibadan. Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
7. Female Graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male Graduands would bow, but should not remove their caps.
8. Graduands shall move in a Procession at 8.15 a.m. into the International Conference Centre on 13, 14, 15 and 17 November, 2014.
9. Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the Hall.
10. Unauthorized movements and taking of photographs will not be allowed in the Hall. Graduands, are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity on time before coming into the Hall, or wait until after the Ceremony. Any Graduand who leaves his/her seat will not be allowed to return to the Hall.
11. All Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the Ceremony.
12. All Graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether or not they hire the academic outfits.
Thanks to NGScholars.com for this statement. Read the original piece here